History demonstrates that people are capable of extraordinary things when they have the freedom and opportunity to learn, contribute, and succeed.
But too often, barriers of all kinds stand in the way of people realizing their potential. One clear barrier for many people are policy barriers that prevent students and families from accessing an education that prepares learners for lives full of meaning and purpose.
That’s why Stand Together Trust is announcing an open request for proposals from state and local policy leaders who want to focus on transforming K-12 education for students. We are committed to investing $1 million over the next 6 months to support those on the ground who are closest to the work and see a vision for the future.
We are open to all ideas, but they will ideally fit into one of these four categories:
- Funding Families: Modernizing education funding by funding families – not institutions – to pursue customized, individualized education opportunities.
- Busting Boundaries: Increase student opportunity by disconnecting school enrollment from a student’s home address.
- Radically Reimagining Learning: Inspiring ideas that redefine the who, what, where, and when of education.
- Enabling Education Entrepreneurship: Breaking down the barriers and accelerating innovations that allow for visionary education leaders to realize new and unconventional learning options for families.
- Please submit a brief of no more than 3 pages that details the scope of the project. We are open to any type of project: papers, communications campaigns, conferences and convenings, school tours, and much more (we welcome creative ideas).
Funding levels are commensurate with the project and its potential to advance understanding and/or action of critical issues. We anticipate the typical project amount to be $25,000, with most falling below $100,000.
Review & Notification Process
Proposals will be accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis.